Prior to forming LaMaster Law, Matt spent a major part of his career as corporate counsel and regulatory compliance officer for a multi-location dental practice. During this period, Matt negotiated, structured, and implemented multiple acquisitions and mergers for the practice. He also worked for a large law firm, where he gained significant experience counseling non-profit corporations in business and corporate matters. In addition, Matt served as in-house counsel and regulatory compliance officer for one of the largest technology companies serving dental practices in the Midwest and Southeastern United States.
Matt also enjoys giving back by providing continuing education courses to various organizations, such as:
- “Starting Your Practice: A Legal Primer for Start Ups”
- “Buying or Selling a Practice: Legally Speaking”
- “Student to Associate: What The Associate Must Know About Associate Contracts”
- “Hiring Associates: What The Practice Must Know About Associate Contracts”
- “Avoiding 7 Common Traps with Office Leases”
- “Reducing HIPAA Exposure in 5 Easy Steps”
Matt is fully qualified to provide the Institute with “real world” advice and guidance on legal matters, and we welcome him as the newest member of our Institute’s board.